Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Easter to you!.....{MCT Trending Now~Spring Fling}

Good Morning everyone!!
I am back from vacation and trying to get back into the swing of things both in the house and here on my blog! I promise to be around really soon to play catch-up and know that I am not ignoring all your wonderful projects!!! Just give me a few more days to make my rounds!!!!!

I am sharing a card today for
My Creative Time's
Trending Now.....Spring Fling 
and the DT is making projects using Watercolors!!
Here is my Easter card......
take a look and let me know what you think!
I am fairly new at playing with watercolors and have to be honest....I struggled with this card. Not the actual design of the card, the watercolor part...LOL!
After playing around with several different colors of my Zig markers, I settled with these pastel colors for my Easter card.  I wanted something CAS so that I could mass produce these if needed and I think I came up with something even I can say I like :)
To make my card, I die cut a piece of watercolor paper using the Stitched Rectangular Frame Die and then started my watercolor design.
I colored each of the panels using my Zig markers and then ran some water over each color to achieve the watercolor look I wanted. I did go back and add more color to the yellow and blue since they were the lightest of the bunch. Very easy!
Next after my watercolor was dry, I stamped my sentiment from the new set~ Favorite Bunny. Such a perfect Easter set!!
I then wrapped some Totally White Trendy Twine around the card and popped the whole mat onto a kraft cardstock base. The finishing touch to my card is that cutie little bunny die cut from the newly released set~ Mini Bunny Dies

A quick and easy card to make that can be mass produced using lots of different sentiments!

I hope you like my card!
Thanks so much for stopping by and like always, please stop by the
MCT blog for more inspiration!

15 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Jessica...I love your card is so Beautiful!! Truly I would've never guessed that this was you first water coloring endeavor it really does look awesome. So great job kiddo....guess you're a natural!! Your bunny looks so cute!! Glad you had creative fun....you really did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU DO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and happy, Jessica! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your water coloring adventure. I, too, am struggling with water coloring, but just love the effects it creates. I truly like your end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!! I hope you had a wonderful trip!! Your card is gorgeous!! The watercolor background is fabulous!! The colors are so beautiful!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! The background looks awesome with the color combinations! The little bunny is adorable! Hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors. I think water coloring looks easier in demos than it seems to go when I do it. Needs practice I guess. Sweet job on a CAS Easter card...the bunny is adorable.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just cute as can be! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, such an adorable tiny little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jess,I love the pretty & bright colors! The bunny is so cute! Super cute card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOVE your cool CAS card Jessica! Looks awesome!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. This background is awesome and so happy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popped in to say Hi Have a great week

    ReplyDelete